06 Aug The Screen-Friendly Public Speaking Strategies Every FEST Founder Needs to Thrive in a Virtual World of Digital Events
Have you considered creating a signature talk? What about pitching yourself for an upcoming virtual conference? How about joining a webinar series featuring industry experts just like you? Have you wanted to do these things, but hesitated? Our virtual worlds are literally teeming with digital events right now.
But speaking with style from a screen is a little different than pulling off a fabulous in-person presentation. Okay, it’s a lot different, and that can be uber daunting. Luckily, there are a number of things I like to think of as low-hanging fruit to fortify your next visibility opportunity.
From simple set-up steps to take before your next talk or presentation to public speaking best practices adapted for the virtual world, this episode walks you through practical strategies you can use anytime you’re called to share your message on a screen.
If you’re like many FEST founders right now, you are looking for ways to experiment, do things differently and keep your business growing in the face of changes and new challenges. Creating a signature talk or speaking at a virtual conference not only adds to your credibility, but it’s got a ton of added benefits:
- Instant social proof — you appear relevant and trustworthy to new people
- Thought leadership — you establish yourself as a voice capable of leading a wider audience
- A chance to tell your story — a signature talk or speaking event can give you the opportunity to talk about more than just a single product or service and share a more nuanced, well-rounded portrait of your business with the world
- Access to new audiences — one of the best things about speaking is getting to show up in front of new people who’ve opted in to listen and learn
- Leave a lasting impression — your message can lead to life-changing impact on those listening and watching. In a world that’s bloated with written content, virtual talks and events can mean being seen and heard in a branded environment that also helps to convey your company’s ethos and values.
Ask me, and I will tell you that everyone should have a signature talk, webinar training and ideas for industry panels and anecdotes for interviews. The opportunities to participate in these are going to continue and increase. It’s time for every founder to have a toolbox of tricks and tactics — as well as ultra practical tips — for speaking in style.
Listen for screen-friendly strategies every FEST founder needs to know before her next digital speaking gig, talk, interview, webinar or important meeting.
Hear more on this week’s solo episode of the Spirit of 608 podcast.
<3 <3 <3 Oh hey there! Please help the podcast out and leave us a rating and review on iTunes. This stuff is key to the show’s success, and I appreciate you helping me play the game.
<3 <3 <3 HOW TO LISTEN: Listen online: Just press play above or subscribe via RSS to receive all new episodes. iOS, iPhone, iPad: Subscribe via iTunes or download the Apple Podcast app and subscribe by searching for Spirit of 608 in the app. Android: Download the free Stitcher app and search for Spirit of 608 in the app.
Find more episodes featuring women at the forefront of FEST online at www.Spiritof608.com.