23 Jul 8 Things You Absolutely Must Have to Get Great Press Right Now
Want to turn heads in the media? With in-person events changed forever and competition for attention on social media at an all-time high, it’s an excellent time to try reaching new audiences through positive PR and press. If you’re like many FEST founders right now, you are looking for ways to experiment, do things differently and keep your business growing in the face of changes and new challenges. Scoring mentions in the media not only adds to your credibility as a brand, but it’s got a ton of added benefits:
- Instant social proof — you appear relevant and trustworthy to new people
- SEO value — the more sites that link to you means you’re easier to find through searches
- A chance to tell your story — press can give you the opportunity to talk about more than just a single product or service and share a more nuanced, well-rounded portrait of your business with the world
- Lasting impact — unlike social media posts, press and media mentions have a longer shelf life and are often read by new people months and even years after being published
- Earned media doesn’t cost anything if you do it in-house. If you have time, that’s all you need to push a positive PR strategy for your brand forward.
So the reasons to start getting press are clear. But are you ready? That’s a question I hear over and over from female founders and entrepreneurs. In this episode, I tell you the eight things you absolutely must have to get great press right now.
It might surprise you to find out that press releases, pitch emails and big budgets are nowhere on the list. So what is?
Listen for 8 steps every founder needs to know to start getting great press.
Hear more on this week’s solo episode of the Spirit of 608 podcast.
<3 <3 <3 Oh hey there! Please help the podcast out and leave us a rating and review on iTunes. This stuff is key to the show’s success, and I appreciate you helping me play the game.
<3 <3 <3 HOW TO LISTEN: Listen online: Just press play above or subscribe via RSS to receive all new episodes. iOS, iPhone, iPad: Subscribe via iTunes or download the Apple Podcast app and subscribe by searching for Spirit of 608 in the app. Android: Download the free Stitcher app and search for Spirit of 608 in the app.
Find more episodes featuring women at the forefront of FEST online at www.Spiritof608.com.